Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Think I Can...I Think I Can...

"I KNOW I can!" Is what I need to be telling myself at this point in the game. So last weekend was not my finest work. I was supposed to get a 13 miler in and gave up at 7.5. I was simply O-V-E-R IT! I had a big fat WAAAHHHHHH moment, where I just did not feel like running. All I wanted to do was spend time with my family, my boyfriend, have fun and not stress out over spending endless amounts of time training. I believe that is what's commonly referred to as, "hitting the wall". I gave myself the break I needed and now it's time to get my head back in the game. And by back in the game I mean, 10 miles tomorrow, cross training Thursday and going for 20 this weekend (Booo-ya!)

These past few weeks have been quite challenging with balancing a very hefty workload, trying to raise $5,000 for the Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership (MBHP - the awesome cause I'm doing all this for...please donate www.crowdrise.com/MariaDias) endless hours of running and cross training, eating, eating, eating and yes, more eating and etc, etc, etc etc. I don't mean to bitch and complain by any means - I'd MUCH rather be super busy then bored, it's just that I think I'm in need of restoring a little balance in my life...ASAP!

Well, the 2012 Boston Marathon is just around the corner...so the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

Oh, did I tell you?? I'm signed up for a Tough Mudder event in Mt. Snow, Vermont one month after the Boston Marathon...what was I saying about restoring balance again???

Keep those donations coming folks! MBHP and I NEED your help! Donate now www.crowdrise.com/MariaDias

Rock on wit yo bad self!

Maria D.

No comments:

Post a Comment