Monday, April 2, 2012

Peanut Butta Taper Time!

"Peanut Butta, Jelly, Peanut Butta, Jelly, Peanut Butta, Jelly, wit a baseball bat!!" Who doesn't know that precious dancing banana, singing that famous song that went viral quite a few years back?!?! Ok, well, if you have no clue what I'm referring to, You Tube it.

Anywho, please excuse my silliness...the miles are impacting my brain along with my knees and IT band. All in all, feeling good! I completed a 20 mile run this past weekend in 3 hours and 45 minutes...and I may have love-hated the entire thing. I loved it because I had my Coach (Aka Boyfriend) biking alongside, pushing me through those last crucial miles. And his momma even joined for some of it, via rollerblades (I know, badass! Right?!?!). I hated it because it was 20 miles and I have half the leg size of normal people. People mistake me for one of the family members from "Little People, Big World" when I'm out running. Heck, I would if I saw me out running!

You ask, what does "taper" mean? It is the glorious few weeks after running the 20 miler where you get to taper back the amount of miles you run before the big day. It is crucial to give your body ample amounts of rest before the main event. Now, tapering back doesn't mean you stop, it just means instead of me running 18 this weekend, I "only" have to run 10. This is very exciting to me!!! Going for a 5 miler tomorrow and am so looking forward to a "shorter" run.

Did I tell you?? I raised $1K in like a 24 hour time span last week! How rad is that??? Now, I just have $1,500 more to go and T-minus 14 days to do it!
Please help me reach my fundraising goal of $5K. Donate to www.crowdrise.com/MariaDias

T-minus 14 days till the 2012 Boston Marathon. Can not believe I'm so close now!!! Hope you can come cheer me on-Monday, April 16th!!

Thanks for reading my awesome blog!!!

Rock on!

Maria D.



No comments:

Post a Comment