Sunday, January 29, 2012

Working On My Comeback!

I never really realized what a plague infested, petri dish the Northeast truly is during the winter months. I struggled with a stupid sinus cold for a solid 3 weeks, but thanks to the Neti Pot, I'm working on my comeback, folks!!

I have to be real here...my confidence has sucked lately. I have had to go 3 solid weeks without my running routine and only doing a handful of workouts and a 2.5 mile run somewhere in the mix really sucks! This past weekend, I decided I had enough of snotting all over myself and woe-is-me and the only way to boost my confidence back up was by putting on my Nike Free's and pounding the pavement!!! Once I got out there, it's like my body was saying, "thank you baby Jesus!!! Where you been, girl!!??". Needless to say, I felt so good just to be out there, I not only ran 5 miles, but maintained 10 minute miles. Moral of the story...I need to trust myself and trust that I will have enough time to train and be ready to run the Boston Marathon, come April 16th!

Thank you to everyone for cheering me on and keeping me positive!!

Giddyup!

Www.crowdrise.com/MariaDias

No comments:

Post a Comment