Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm Drinking the Nike Kool-Aid!

I decided that the only way to dig my way out of a 2 week, woe-is-me, rut is by good ole' fashion retail therapy!  For those of you that don't know me well, I'm not your typical "addicted-to-shopping" chick.  Matter of fact I despise shopping, unless it is for new running gear!  There is something so incredibly motivating and awe-inspiring with purchasing brand new gear.  So, on this venture to Sports Authority I decided I was going to splurge on some MUCH needed outdoor, Northeast winter appropriate gear.  I  have come to realize that I'm a bit of a brand snob and always go with Nike and Under Armour apparel.  This splurge consisted of a pair of Under Armour long, fitted running pants, running shorts to go over them (don't judge! I don't like my big Sicilian booty just hanging all out there when I run!) and a long sleeve fitted, Nike thermal/shirt. Oh and of course, why stop there!  Also picked up a new Nike head band and running gloves.  The colors you ask?  As bright and pink and obnoxious as I could get!!!

Naturally, I was so excited to test out this new gear and how well it could protect me from the winter conditions - I opted for a quick run this evening...in the snow (yeah, I'm pretty bad ass like that).  Let me tell you...I am DRINKING the Nike and Under Armour Kool-Aid folks!!!  All the gear lived up to my expectations and I really enjoyed "playing" in the snow! 

Moral of the story - Mother Nature doesn't stop you from running, she simply provides obstacle courses so you can challenge yourself.

Today's run was the confidence booster I needed to get my butt back on track.  2012 Boston Marathon...I'm coming for you, baby!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whats Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist other customers like its aided me. Good job.
    Egyptian Diamond Knit Polo

    ReplyDelete