Saturday, February 11, 2012

Milk Was a Bad Choice

As previously mentioned, this week was pretty rad for me!

I not only got back into the swing of things, but I'm losing a toe nail (yeah, it happens and it's kinda bragging rights for runners), I broke $1,000 in my fundraising (by the way, I still need to hit my goal of $5,000 for MBHP - please donate now!!! www.crowdrise.com/MariaDias), and I ran 10 miles this weekend (and it was AWESOME)!!!

So let me tell you a bit more about this 10 mile run - first of all, not only did I shave a full minute off my average pace, but I maintained a stupid fast (well, fast for my standards, 9 - 9.5 minute miles) the entire 10 miles - YEAAAAAHHHH BUDDDY!!!! I'll admit, the terrain for this run was primarily flat, which is not the norm for me. Typically, I'm running some good hills and that impacts my pace. So it was nice to know, that if I don't run hills, I can really huff it!

So, you ask why am I quoting Ron Burgundy, "Milk was a bad choice"?...because IT IS!!!! I typically drink Almond Milk now-a-days because it is much kinder to me then the creamy cow-produced, goodness. However, on occassion I yearn for the real deal and unfortunately opted for a big bowl of cereal with real milk the morning I went for this awesome 10 mile run. Thankfully there was no need to wear a runners diaper (like the hard core marathon runners actually do!! No joke!), but I will admit my tummy was NOT having it! It was a great reminder of A. Why I no longer drink real milk and B. It is now crucial to keep my diet on track as I get into the longer mile runs.

So word to the wise kids - don't drink milk or anything that will bloat your tummy up like a balloon prior to a 10 mile run!

2012 Boston Marathon - T-Minus 9 Weeks!

Whoop Whoop!!

Me working the camera, in my new winter running gear, post-10 mile run...I'm a tiger, now I'm a kitten...raaarrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment